|Tools of Power|
|“||I sense them, your tools of power. A witch dagger to kill, a moonstone to see, and a medicine bag to be unseen. It hurts to hide.||”|
Tools of powers are particular instruments infused with paranormal powers and made available to an average human after he has undergone a ceremony to become a shamanic witch hunter. These objects are to be handled with extreme care and used sparingly since recourse to them means to affect the soul of the hunter since they are extremely powerful objects and their use requires a high price.
Medicine Bag Edit
The Medicine Bag is an enchanted satchel that allows its owner to become invisible and remain unseen by humans and witches alike. However, the medicine seems to darken and twist the human personality and perception between right and wrong.
The moonstone is a magical object that shields its wearer from the power of clairvoyance and possibly from other spells. Despite its name, this rock does not resemble the real moonstone, which is milky colored, but is more similar to labradorite stone.
Witch Dagger Edit
The Witch Dagger is a special highly dangerous blade made from a mysterious, bright red stone that has the power to mortally hurt witches.
Memorable Quotes Edit
- Shaman (to John Alden): "The Spirit Guides have spoken. You will be well-armed with weapons and protection from this world and beyond. But you must know two things. First you will never be the same once we have marked you and tied your soul to the Great Spirit. And even with all that Earth and Heaven will allow, you will never walk out of Salem alive."
- -- Cry Havoc
- Shaman (to John Alden): "You will be protected from the eyes of the witches. You will be able to hunt unseen."
- -- Blood Kiss
- John Alden (to Alexander Corwin): "This is no ordinary knife. But if it were, it would still serve to separate the skin from your body in one thick sheet. I've seen the Indians do it. I've learned the trick myself. But seeing as this is no ordinary knife but one which holds a special hurt for witches, I can't imagine what it would do to you."
- -- From Within
- Tituba: "So much magic on your flesh. You are becoming what you hunt, witch hunter. Careful, or you'll be torn apart by your own dogs."
- John Alden: "I hunt. I am my own dog."
- Tituba: "And so you tear yourself apart. Such a desperate move, to let a medicine man bind your soul to the Great Spirit. Did they even warn you of the price you'd pay for such power?"
- -- The Beckoning Fair One
- Mary Sibley (to John Alden): "Whoever gave you these knew what they were doing. It will protect you."
- -- Til Death Do Us Part
- Medicine bag allows the practicability of hunt unseen, echoing somehow the concept of invisibility used by witches to strike their attacks, especially when resorting to Specters. However, this gift comes with a high price: black veins appear on the body of the holder, giving the impression of causing pain.
- Despite the fact that witches have a physiology that allows them to survive even mortal wounds, this special witch dagger is deadly for them.
See Also Edit