|The Witching Hour|
|Season 2, Episode 13 (26)|
June 28, 2015
Midnight Never Come
After the Fall
With her mission seemingly accomplished, the Countess Marburg revels in the apparent completion of her plans, unaware that the object of her devotion has desires which may be in direct conflict to hers. And one of her most trusted allies grows increasingly weary of the Countess’s treatment, leading to an unexpected act of defiance. Emotionally drained by recent events, an all-but-defeated Mary stages a last-ditch effort against the Countess. Meanwhile, John is visited by a pair of unexpected allies who deliver a fateful message; Mercy comes to learn a stark reality, leaving her to face an uncertain future; an unrepentant and increasingly powerful Anne faces the personal consequences of her duplicitous actions, leading her down an even darker path; and when Cotton learns an unwelcome truth, his reaction is initially mixed, until a startling confession strengthens his resolve… but it may already be too late.
- Janet Montgomery as Mary Sibley
- Shane West as John Alden
- Ashley Madekwe as Tituba
- Seth Gabel as Cotton Mather
- Tamzin Merchant as Anne Hale
- Elise Eberle as Mercy Lewis
- Iddo Goldberg as Isaac Walton
- Oliver Bell as Little John
- Joe Doyle as Sebastian Von Marburg
- Lucy Lawless as Countess Von Marburg
- Sammi Hanratty as Dollie Trask
- Raoul Trujillo as Shaman
- Cara Santana as Sooleawa
- Emma Wynn as Urchin
- Countess Marburg (Killed by the Devil)
- Mary Sibley (Killed herself to bring John back)
- Urchin (Killed by Mercy)
- Salem, Massachusetts
- The House of the Seven Gables
- Salem Church
- Salem Woods
- Hale's Cottage
To be Added
Behind the Scenes
- If it had not been renewed for a third season, Salem would have ended with a cliffhanger. Due to low ratings, the producers were not sure to renew the show, which is why the renewal for a third season was delayed.
- This episode marks the death of Mary Sibley, the lead character of the show.
- By the end of the episode, the fate of Tituba is unclear.
- This episode features the most recent death of one of Countess Von Marburg's incarnations.
- Witching Hour is a common way to refer to midnight in various contexts related to witchcraft.
- The Witching Hour is also the first novel in the Lives of the Mayfair Witches series, by Anne Rice.
- French: L'heure des sorcières (The Witches' Hour)
- German: Hexenstunde (Witching Hour)
- Italian: L'ora delle streghe (The Witches' Hour)