|The Wine Dark Sea|
|Season 2, Episode 5 (18)|
May 3, 2015
Book of Shadows
Ill Met by Moonlight
Following Mary’s public chastening, the recently-minted Magistrate Hathorne steps up his bid to wrest power over the citizenry of Salem from her, forcing Mary to once again compel her bewitched husband to take action. When Hathorne levels a not-so-veiled threat against Anne Hale – which he mitigates with an unappealing solution - it prompts the young Witch to seek Mary’s council. She receives sound advice... but it comes at a fearful and unappealing cost. Mercy Lewis’ grisly preparations to enact her revenge reach new heights, drawing two reluctant participants closer in the process, and forcing the hand of one of her increasingly tenuous allies. Meanwhile, as John Alden continues to pursue his righteous task, his search for answers yields valuable results, and Mary takes the fight directly to her newest foes... with surprising results.
To be Added
To be Added
- Salem, Massachusetts
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Marburg's Ship
- Countess Von Marburg: A true queen is not made, she is born in the earth's womb and destined to rule forever.
- Tituba: Did you ever wonder what happened to the witches of the other old land?
- Mary Sibley: Remember what you are. A witch!
Behind the Scenes
- This episode marks the first encounter between Mary Sibley and Countess Von Marburg, albeit during Mary's spectral projection.
- French: La mer profonde (The Deep Sea)
- German: Der Weindunkle See (The Wine Dark Sea)
- Italian: Minaccia dal mare (Threatens from the sea)