|Countess and Anne|
tormentor and victim, allied by circumstance, mother and daughter at the biological level but lack of affection or complicity
suppressed by Countess momentary death
|“||I already killed one mother. Who's to say I won't kill another one?||”|
— Anne to her biological mother
Throughout the Salem series Edit
Memorable Quotes Edit
- Countess Von Marburg: I told you when first we met you are no mere Essex witch, any more than your father was.
- Anne Hale: My father...
- Countess Von Marburg: Was a particular favorite of mine. I sent him away in a dark moment across the sea to find a safe place. You see, I charged him with the greatest of tasks, the greatest of privileges, to father and protect what's most precious to me in all the world... my daughter.
- Anne Hale: I already killed one mother. Who's to say I won't kill another one?
- Countess Von Marburg: You knew?
- Anne Hale: My father hinted as much in his book of shadows. But it changes nothing. You, of all mothers... have no claim on my affection.
- ---Midnight Never Come
See Also Edit